Surfer Girl

Thursday, October 9, 2014

April and part of May

Just a reminder that without any notes, I don't really remember too many details (even though I'm only 6 months behind now), just the major activities.  But the highlights of April and May are as follows:

Joe's cousin, Tom, celebrated his 50th birthday in April and his daughter, Maggie, had a surprise birthday party for him.  It was on a Saturday night, so Joe and I flew up in the afternoon so that we could attend.  You could tell that Tom was really touched about the party, so it was very cool to be there.

A few days later I got my first pedicure in over a year.  I know that seems silly to blog, but I had messed up my big toes when we hiked the Grand Canyon.  I never lost my toenails (yea!!) and they finally grew out.  It feels good to have pretty toes again!!!


On April 25th, we went to Music Hall at Fair Park to see Evita.  I wanted to see it because it had won the Tony Award a few years ago.  The story was interesting (about Eva Peron of Argentina), but the woman that played Evita really didn't have the musical range needed for the part.  We still enjoyed the show, but not as much as some others.

Two days later we saw Beauty & the Beast at the Winspear.  I always loved that story, which I watched with my niece, Jessica, about 100 times when she was little.  It's a cute story and the play was very good.  I'm sure Joe didn't enjoy it as much as I did, but I always appreciate that he is willing to see shows with me.

For Mother's Day, we went to see Barb.  Joe was worried that my mom would be upset, but she understands that Joe has a mother, too.  Nick & Mary decided to have a cookout and Matt & Kim came over with the kids, too.  It was fun to get together with everyone.  On the way to the airport, we stopped at DQ and we dodged a huge bullet.  In spite of the fact storms were moving through the midwest, our flight still went.  We had to fly about an hour out of the way to get home, but we made it!  A GOOD non-rev experience!


YUMMY!!!

No comments: