Surfer Girl

Monday, October 27, 2014

Shiner, TX

Once I was feeling a little better after my surgery, we decided to take a short road trip. I had wanted to go to the Shiner Brewery for many years, but it's only open Monday - Friday, so it made it a little difficult. Since Joe is off on Mondays and I was on medical leave, we decided to load up with my mom and dad on a Sunday and head south. First we stopped in Adkins for BBQ at Texas Pride (it was okay). Then we spent the night in San Antonio and started out the next day with a repeat visit to the Magnolia Pancake House before making our way over to Shiner via Smiley. On the way home, we stopped in Georgetown for dinner at the Monument Cafe. That turned out to be a huge disappointment, but overall, we had a great little road trip!

Texas Pride BBQ, Adkins
A side-trip to Smiley
Spoetzl Brewery - where Shiner Beer is brewed!
Dad and his free sample.
Monument Cafe, Georgetown



No comments: