And so the thing is, I really missed Joe. And because Joe was really miserable at his job (and had been for a couple of years), we decided to just pull the plug. Joe gave his notice in early March and ended his 24-year tenure at American Eagle in late April 2015.
In late March, I went to Texas and a couple of his friends had a going-away party for him at a restaurant for a few close friends. Then on April 21st, they had a party for him at work and presented him with the obligatory departing Eagle.
Because we decided not to buy a house, we decided not to sell our house in Texas. We had paid it off with our AA retention bonuses, so it made sense to just use it as a source of income. Joe would spend another month or so in Texas getting the house ready to rent. Because we live so far away, we decided to use an agent to take care of everything for us. Since I have the benefit of blogging this over a year from this decision, I can say that so far, so good. Our first renter was a family from Arizona that was relocating. He was a doctor, so I think they were building a house because they wanted a shorter lease. They ended up extending, but then they did move out, so now we have our second renters. She is a single-mother from Brazil with high school boys.

No comments:
Post a Comment