Weekend to Roam: Joe ended up coming back to San Francisco for the weekend even though I had offered to go back to Texas. It was fun! I thought I would have to decide what we were going to do, but as it turned out, he already had it figured out. He wanted to go to Half Moon Bay and do some hiking. So, after breakfast and a little shopping at Target, we drove past the apartment building so Joe could see it and then we headed to the coast. Joe decided he was going to change the name to "Half Day Bay" because that's how long it took for us to get there. Tons of traffic - probably in part because it was a beautiful day with a high surf. There were a lot of people lounging on the beaches and a lot of surfers. We didn't do the hike we had planned, but we did walk up and down the cliff and enjoyed the weather and the views. When we were done walking, we headed in to the city and had dinner at Tommy's Joynt. After dinner, we still had some time, so we decided to go see a movie in downtown San Mateo. It will, after all, be our theater when we get moved. We saw "American Sniper." It was really good. There were 3 or 4 movies that we wanted to see, but we decided on that one because it was starting closest to the time when we arrived.



Work: A little chaotic this week, I must say. I had Days 1 and 2 of Red Carpet, which was really fun, but then I was really behind with actual work and I had E & Y knocking on my door all week. I think we finally got everything resolved - at least, I hope so!! This was the first week I really thought, "What the hell have I done????" Mel (my senior, turned manager) is going out on maternity leave starting Monday. And, Walter, my other senior, is moving to Revenue Management shortly after close. We have a temp in for Mel, but I have an even worse and longer week ahead of me, I'm pretty sure.
 |
| Me with my Red Carpet Teammates during the Day 1 Scavenger Hunt |
No comments:
Post a Comment