Surfer Girl

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The rest of February and beginning of March

So, other than being sick (which I've mentioned a plethora of times), February 2012 ended quietly and March 2012 came in like a lamb, as well.  I finally recovered and we did usual couple stuff - shopping for birthday gifts, watching movies/tv shows, and doing some reading.  You know - the things you do to get through life.  

While we were on vacation, I read the book "The Help" and at the same time, my friend, Debbie Lou Hoo read it, too.  So early in March, she invited Joe and I over for dinner with her family and then she, I, and Joe watched the movie.  It was pretty good (nominated for an Academy Award) and followed the book pretty closely (it really was a very, very, very good book, though!!!).  And, it was fun to hang out with friends.

The other amusing/notable event was what I will call, "the saga with the washing machine."  One day we started a load of laundry and something didn't sound quite right.  We returned to the laundry room to find the floor covered in water (thank goodness Joe was home!).  Our washing machine is at least 10 years old because Joe bought it before I moved back to Texas and we have thought about getting a new one.  Of course, I assumed this meant the current one had finally died.  But, no.  The next day, Joe tears the washing machine apart and finds a whole in one of the hoses, so he goes online and buys a new one.  Sigh...  Oh, and he is sooooo proud of himself, too.  The hose arrives and he installs it and the machine works, but then a couple of days later, it spews water all over the floor again.  Again, I think my prayers have been answered!!!  But, no.  Joe messes around with it and figures out that some other piece had disconnected when he was moving the washer around and fixes it.  Again.  Since you already know that I'm a year behind in my blog, I'll go ahead and tell you...we still have the same washing machine today.

No comments: