Surfer Girl

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Mole Hole

As I've gotten older, I have to say that my level of vanity has diminished dramatically.  But, there are still certain things that bug me.  For example, I've had this mole on my chin for my whole life, but in the last 5-10 years, it started growing a hair (makes me wonder if Cindy Crawford's beauty mark has sprouted).  Then that one hair became a forest.  The more I pulled the hairs out, the more sensitive the mole got.  Finally, I asked my dermatologist (and Tony Romo's father-in-law) if he could remove it.  Of course he can!!!  But, it would require stitches.  In order for him to go deep enough to get the hair follicle, he would have to core out the mole.  That did not sound like fun.  I put it off for a couple more years, but on May 8, 2012, I hung up my wimpy pants and I went and got my mole removed.  And I have to say, it was pretty easy.  The worst part was feeling my skin being pulled when he was putting in the stitches.  Because he had "cored" the mole out, I also had to wear a pressure bandage for the rest of the day.  After that, I just covered it with a small band-aid until I got the stitches out.  I took to calling it my "mole hole" for the 10 days I was stitched as well.  Here's my pressure bandage:



They say that in a year, you won't even be able to tell I ever had a mole there!!!  Wait...a year is almost up.  I just checked it and I think they're right!!! 

No comments: