Surfer Girl

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bluebonnets

There's a big Texas tradition that requires all parents to take pictures of their children in the bluebonnets.  This drives Joe absolutely insane because most accessible bluebonnets are on the side of the road.  And most of the roads around this area are highways.  It's nothing for 3 or 4 cars to be pulled off to the side of 114 here in Grapevine so that parents can traipse their kids up the hill to take their picture in the bluebonnets.  Mind you - the hill is between a service road and a major highway, hence Joe's irritation.

The last weekend of March, Joe was MOD, so I offered to help my friend Amy take pictures of her boys in the bluebonnets.  To her credit, she works at JCPenney and there is a huge area inside their headquarters property full of bluebonnets.  Not only is it not accessible to hundreds of motorist trying to get through life, it's only accessible to JCPenney employees.  The amusement in this story is not the location, but the mere attempt of 2 amateurs trying to photograph 2 boys, age 1 1/2.  Of course, because they're not my children, I merely found it amusing, but I don't think Amy did.  They ran in opposite directions - they wouldn't sit or stand - they didn't like walking through the bluebonnets (which are taller than you imagine when you see them on the road).  I think at one point, Amy got a shoe-ful of ants, too.  To top it ALL off, Amy was using a brand new camera.  There were a few pictures we thought we got that were really cute, but they didn't take.  Sigh...  It was a true adventure.  Here's one picture I snapped with my phone...
Cuties...


No comments: