Surfer Girl

Saturday, March 30, 2013

A funny thing happened ... wait, was it $85 funny?

The day after I had my mole removed, we got a new roof.  This was something Joe had coordinated and completely handled.  One day I came home and there were shingles stacked in our back yard.  On May 9th I came home and the shingles were gone.  I called Joe in a panic.  I was sure someone had STOLEN our shingles. 

Joe came home and examined the area.  Turns out, we had a new roof.  I had no idea that an entire roof could be replaced in one day.  Not only that, but they cleaned everything up and I couldn't even tell they had been there!!!  He realized it because the things sticking out of the roof (technical term) and the fans were brown now instead of silver.  Hum....  so they were:


I was further convinced we had a new roof when I entered the house and realized that the air conditioner didn't work.  We automatically thought that the roofers had punctured the freon line or something like that.  Joe went up in the attic and looked around.  He couldn't find a thing that would indicate that the air conditioner shouldn't be working.  He called the repairman and they scheduled an appointment for the next day.

I agreed to leave work early to meet the a/c guy.  After all, nothing is more important in Texas than a/c.  It took him about 2 seconds to figure out the problem.  All the banging on the roof had caused the electrical plug to fall out.  In other words, the unit was unplugged.  "That'll be $85, ma'am."

And, yet, Joe can fix the damn washing machine!!!!

No comments: