Surfer Girl

Friday, August 8, 2014

Winging my Way through September and mid-October

So, let's see...  Looks like our next babysitting gig was on September 14th.  The boys are just so much fun at this stage.  I don't remember any particulars of this babysitting gig, but I had taken some selfies with Bryson in July and I took some selfies with Grayson in September.  So, I put them together on Pic Stitch and this is what I got:


On September 22nd I made a notation in my Blog Notes:  "A Busy Weekend" which cracks me up now because I have no idea what I did except that I went to see "Peter the Starcatcher" at the Winspear Opera House.  I invited my friend, Michele Tucker, to go with me because Joe was out of town.  Where was Joe?  Another good question.  Illinois, I presume - maybe for his Mom's birthday, but I don't remember for sure.  At any rate, I did not love Peter and the Starcatcher.  It's a prequel to Peter Pan and while parts of it were amusing, I had a hard time understanding the characters and, sadly, I just don't think I cared that much about the characters.  Oops...  This was the one show that I wasn't that excited about, so I guess it lived up to expectations.

In early October, I had my birthday and Joe got me an iPad and took me to dinner.  My last year of my 40's.  Sigh....

On October 12th, Joe's 2nd cousin, Maggie, got married.  Maggie is Joe's cousin, Tom's, daughter.  Tom's other daughter, Brianna was tragically killed in an accident in 2003.  She was riding on a go cart and her hair got caught in the chain and broke her neck.  As you can imagine, that was incredibly hard on that family and I can't express how happy and excited we are for Maggie and her, now husband, James.  He seems like a great guy and I sincerely wish them a long and happy life together.  If anyone deserves this happiness, it is Maggie.


I do want to note that Joe stayed in Illinois until Monday, but I had to come back to go to work.  When I got home, I was going to open the door and go outside and get the mail, but for some odd reason, the light came on outside and I noticed that I had a friend.  What made the light come on?  What made me look up and see him instead of walking in to him?  It had to have been an angel.


The last thing for October was a trip for me to Miami for business.  It was for the annual IATA Tax Conference.  I can't say that I really got a lot out of it, but I enjoyed getting to know some of my colleagues better and enjoyed going out to dinners and being wined and dined.  Ha!!!

I wasn't back from Miami too long before it was time for Joe and I to embark on our next adventure.  So, with that, I bid you adieu my sweet blog, while I get the last vacation pictures of 2013 organized and ready for you.


No comments: