Surfer Girl

Thursday, August 21, 2014

2014!!!!!!!

January starts out in an unfamiliar way - with me falling down on my job! Perhaps this year was in the toilet before it ever began.  Sigh.....

January 20, 2014 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day

So, just like that, 20 days of January have passed. Where does the time go? And, how is it that in JANUARY of all months, I have already gotten behind? Today is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. I've never had this day off before, but here I am. It's a new holiday at American Airlines.

What have I done all month? Well...  I have tried to get caught up on my endless "to-do's" as always. Joe and I were invited to a Mavericks game on the 11th and got to sit in a huge luxury suite, which is sponsored by some car maintenance company. Several companies buy suites in one, huge, suite. There was lots of food and an open bar. It was pretty fun. Joe went back to Rochester last week for another doctor's appointment for his mom. Meanwhile, I went to see Rick Springfield with my friend, Donna Cekal. It was a great show - just Rick and his "band in a box." He told stories about the songs he was singing and he was actually quite funny. On Saturday night, Joe and I had a date night. We went to dinner at Snuffer's then walked over to the movie theatre and saw American Hustle. It was a pretty good movie! It had lots of funny parts and a decent story, too, which turned out to be true (or at least based on a true story). I did grow a bit weary of seeing Amy Adams' boobs. Not the whole things, but lots of low cut dresses and tops that showed the sides of them.

I guess the big news of the month is that Joe hit a deer on the way home from work a couple of weeks ago. It was right in our neighborhood!!! Fortunately, he wasn't going very fast and he slammed on the brakes when he saw the deer, but it did a bit of damage to his car, so for the 2nd time, he has to take his car to the body shop (the first time, someone backed in to him - then left without leaving a note, of course!). That leaves us with 1 car, so on Saturday and today, I was kind of trapped at home. Not that its a big deal - I really had nowhere to go anyway.


I can barely stand all the excitement that is my life!!!

No comments: