Surfer Girl

Monday, February 7, 2011

Cavanaugh Flight Museum

While Joe's parents were visiting, we celebrated Thanksgiving by going to Ponder to Ranchman's (our 3rd year). The Friday after, we went to the Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison. Joe thought his dad would enjoy it, and I think he did. They have several hangars with vintage airplanes and they even house the B-29 Superfortress "Fifi" that you can actually fly in. Here are a couple of the planes that I found interesting and a few pictures from inside the B-29:

Sopwith Camel - just like the one Snoopy flew:


Messerschmitt, the best known and most produced German fighter plane:


Sherman Tank:


Inside the B-29 Superfortress:


The tunnel on the B-29 - to get between the front and back during flight:


Joe in the Bomb Bay of the B-29 Superfortress:


On Saturday, Joe and his dad went to a high school football game in Cowboys Stadium and Barb and I did some shopping. Their visit was short, but relaxing. Hopefully, they will come back and see us soon.

No comments: