Surfer Girl

Monday, January 5, 2009

Books, books, books

Another love - reading! This is not a new hobby, this is something I've been doing for years and years and years. When I was a kid, I would spend hours at the library picking out books to read. Nancy Drew was a favorite, as was Beverly Cleary. Ha!!!

The other day I counted and I have 42 books in my "queue" for reading. Here's a peek at my nightstand:



I'm lucky that I have lots of friends who also like to read, so many of the books in my queue are books that friends have loaned me. I have a few books in the queue that Joe found in the airport. But I have to be honest. I have a little problem. It's called "Barnes and Noble." I go crazy in that store. I walk in and just the smell of all those brand new books is like an aphrodisiac. That might be a slight exageration, but you get the idea, right?

I can't possibly make a New Year's Resolution to NOT buy books - that would kill me. But I will make this one: #4 - Read the books in my current queue. My boss says that's not a real resolution because I read a lot anyway, but since these are my resolutions, I make my own rules. I'm 134 pages away from finishing John Grisham's, The Last Juror, one of the better Grisham's I've read.

And once I'm done, it'll be 41 to go...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Good luck my friend, that's a healthy stack of books there!! I think it's a lovely resolution! Now that I've read all four books in the Twilight series, I'm at a loss...what will I do without Edward???????