Surfer Girl

Saturday, September 24, 2016

October 2014

So, as I mentioned (more than once), I didn't do much in the way of keeping notes on my life to convert to my blog.  As a result, I'll have to rely on my pictures because heaven knows my memory won't be much help!!!

Two days after following Rick Steves' advice through the country of Switzerland, we went to see him - LIVE!  He was doing a tour of his travels through the Holy Land and my friend, Donna Cekal, is an usher at the A T & T Performing Arts Center and she invited Joe and I to see our friend with her for free (she gets comp ticket for ushering).  It was a really interesting talk and we thought seeing him live was - in his own word - "delightful."

Probably the biggest event of the month was my big milestone birthday - 5-0.  I can't believe I'm 50!!!  It was a low-key day after the big adventure in Switzerland, which was my pre-celebration.  My friend, Debbie, made me a pie; Barbie (the cupcake queen of AA Accounting) made me cupcakes; and my mother-in-law got me this awesome t-shirt:


A day trip to New York City for lunch with Marie Dhimmar (she was the accounting manager on the E & Y team at AA for a long time before moving to NYC), rounded out the month.

Oh, and I shouldn't forget our first USAir Halloween celebration where the President, Scott Kirby, dressed up like Ke$ha and the VP of HR, Elise Eberwein, dressed up like Bulldog.  Halloween was always a big holiday at USAir because it is the CEO, Doug Parker's birthday and they've always done it up big.  I guess we should all be grateful that they toned it down a bit this year.  Last year - as I understand - Scott (who always dresses up as a woman) dressed up as Lady Gaga and Elise was twerking.  So, there you have it.  I wouldn't necessarily be offended, personally, but I can't imagine that there wouldn't be a lot of AA employees that would be.  It does seem a bit borderline for the VP or HR to be twerking, but what do I know??

I guess I haven't talked much about this AA/US Air Merger, have I?  Well...that's another story and one I have chosen not to share with the world.  Or rather, I have chosen not to share my opinion with the world.  My thoughts will be clearer soon....

No comments: