March was a pretty slow month, as you can probably tell.
On March 16th, I spent Saturday with my family. My dad's friend, Eddie Pirtle's wife, Carolyn passed away. Steve came down from OKC and we all went to the funeral in East Texas. The service was at 11:00, but we started out early and had breakfast together. Then, it was a couple of hours to drive out to Murchison, where they live. Afterward, we drove back and had lunch at Babe's in Arlington. Carolyn was a really wonderful person. I knew her my whole life, and though we weren't close, I was very sad. She was such a vibrant, outdoorsy woman. I'm surprised she passed away so relatively young (72).
On March 25th, I attended another funeral. This one was for a friend that I worked with at AMR Services, Mitzi Wood. I had actually lost touch with Mitzi in the last few years, but our mutual friend, Nancy Jacqmein, had stayed in touch with her. Nancy was able to find me - cleverly through a friend that was on LinkedIn and Facebook - and tell me about Mitzi. She had cancer for about a year and though her initial treatments seemed promising, the cancer came back and there was nothing they could do. She was only 66.
So, with Janet, Carolyn, and Mitzi, that's 3 funerals I've been to since Thanksgiving. I hope that's the end for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment