For my birthday last year, Joe gave me a new TV. I had been bugging him about buying a new one because ours is about 10 years old and it's HUGE! Now they have those lovely flat screen ones that don't take up half your room like the old ones. Unfortunately, our old one still works, so it's a little difficult to convince Joe that we need a new one. Finally, I guess he was convinced. Poor guy... He didn't realize that buying a new TV would also entail buying a new piece of furniture - a media cabinet. As it happens, Hooker makes one that matches our tables and we all know that I'm all about matching! My birthday was 4 months ago, but in December, I managed to order the cabinet and today it was delivered. I LOVE it!!! It is totally awesome. Two features that I love in particular - there's a plug in strip inside the cabinet for the cable box, DVD player, etc. But the feature I love the most is that the doors swing either way. They're really made to hide the electronics, but if you have them open, they close over the shelves on either side. Brilliant!!!
![]() |
| From the Hooker Website |
February 23, 2013 - Ugh!!!
Apparently, hiking from 65 degrees to 39 degrees, soaking wet is not good for your health. As soon as we got back to the top of the Grand Canyon, I started coughing. Not bad, but a cough, nonetheless. Now it's a week later and I'm in the throes of a full-blown cold. At first, I thought it was just going to be a little bitty irritating cold, but by yesterday, I knew that I hadn't ended up being that lucky. I felt horrible all day yesterday. I almost called in sick, but by the time I figured out how bad I felt, I already had my makeup on and I couldn't waste the effort. Ha!! I hoped that I would feel better once I got there, but I never did. I finally ended up leaving about 4:30. I came home, lay on the couch, and watched 3 hours of Grey's Anatomy. I thought I would feel better today, but I don't really. I really want to lie down, but every time I do, my head gets stuffed up and I can't breathe. I really want to be productive, too, but I'm struggling with that as well. It's hard to get things done when all you you want to do is sleep! Sigh... Hopefully, I'll feel better soon.
My other Grand Canyon injuries include a deep bruise where my boot rubbed my ankle bone on the way up. Plus, as I mentioned, my right big toe is bruised pretty badly underneath the nail, including that it's skinned on the tip. I really hope I don't lose my toenail, but I'm already wondering how long it will be before I can wear sandals. Joe's legs hurt for a few days, but he seems back to normal now. My legs never did hurt as bad as his, but he didn't have trouble with his feet. I guess it was some kind of trade-off. Ha!!!
As far as my cold, Joe says he's sorry that the Grand Canyon got the last word. As though the canyon said, "you may have gotten out of me, but take THIS!!!!" Hahahaha!!! At least I can laugh... Okay... nap time now!
February 24, 2013 - Feeling a little better...
The good news is, I woke up feeling a bit better today. Still coughing some and still blowing my nose some, but I felt as though I could actually function today. I even took a shower!!! Better news - our TV is on its way. Yea!!! Joe did the research and then we went to Best Buy and made our purchase. It's a 55" Panasonic Plasma TV. Our car wasn't quite big enough for it and Joe and I are electronically challenged, so we set it up for delivery and installation. It should be here between Thursday and Saturday of next week.
After our purchase, we had dinner at Outback. Their food is good, but it seems like the portions are getting smaller and prices are getting bigger. Not that it's all bad - we really don't NEED huge portions, but it's the principle. Joe said it was my birthday dinner to celebrate my birthday present. At least we got something accomplished this weekend. Now it's home to watch the Oscars...
February 28, 2013 - Happy Birthday, Grandma
Today would have been my grandmother's 100th birthday. How cool would it have been if she would have lived to see it?

No comments:
Post a Comment