Surfer Girl

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The long, long, LONG, hot, hot, HOT summer

Today is September 20th and yet, one week ago today, it was 107 degrees. 107!!!!! Crazy! 2011 has proven to be a year of extremes. Extremely cold winter, extremely hot summer. Heaven only knows what we are in for next, but I hope it's not a locust plague or something like that! We even broke the 1980 record for number of 100 degree days with 70 (previous record was 69). Needless to say, I'm incredibly glad to see that fall is on its way. It's still pretty warm, but slowly and surely fall is approaching and it can't come fast enough for me.

I know that I am still behind (in fact, if you were depending on my blog, you wouldn't even know summer had begun, much less ended). It will be a bit before I post again. I still have considerable catching up to do from our last vacation and another one is soon approaching. In the meantime, Happy Fall!!! And, thanks for finally getting here!

No comments: