Joe was actually pretty annoyed and thought I should send them back, but I couldn't imagine them replacing a 9-year old pair of boots. I checked the Columbia website and it said they only warranty shoes for a year, but if something happened, you could ship the shoes to them and they would decide if they would replace them.
A couple of weeks later, we decided to fly to Amarillo and hike the Lighthouse Trail as part of our Grand Canyon preparation. I decided to wear my hiking boots, thinking that maybe I would wear them and they could even be my Grand Canyon boots, depending on how comfortable they were. Fortunately, Joe suggested me having my tennis shoes as a backup because here's what my shoes looked like at the end of the hike:
Sigh. These shoes were actually even older than my snow boots. I bought them in about 1999 when I went to Peru to visit Machu Picchu. So, that was it. I left those boots at the Holiday Inn Express in Borger, TX. And, when I got home, I trashed those snow boots, too. I'll be starting over in the boots department - as soon as this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment