Upon returning from Chicago, I decided to embark on - another - attempt to lose weight. My friend, Debbie, has an uncle who has had some success using myfitnesspal.com. So, we (Debbie and I) decided to give it a try. At least it's free. It's been quite enlightening, I must admit. It recommends that you stick to 1200 calories a day and I am now - more than ever - aware of why I am fat. I never realized how much I was eating!!! I suppose I should have, but I attributed my weight problems to lack of activity MORE than food. I guess it's really been a little of both. Duh!!!
It's hard to explain how it feels to be overweight. I know thin people always think it should be easy to lose weight, but it's just not. I don't enjoy exercising, so it's hard to motivate myself to do it. I don't enjoy cooking and I have a busy job, so we eat out entirely too much. And, worst of all, I enjoy food.
I have truly wanted to lose weight for years - probably half my life, in fact. I hope and pray that I find the strength to stick with it this time - healthy eating AND exercise. I'll have to if I don't want to be one of the 250 people a year that has to be airlifted out of the Grand Canyon!!!
Having said all that, I may be using this forum as a vent. When I get frustrated or need an outlet. I'll start by saying that it's been hard. It's been almost 2 weeks now and I, for sure, have not been perfect. And, although I've had good days, I've been hungry - a LOT!!! But, I lost 3.5 pounds the first week. I know I won't be able to keep up at that pace, but I hope that I can continue to lose a pound or two a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment