I hear all the time that being a housewife would be boring. I don't know. This past weekend we went to Illinois for Lilly's baptism and we came home on Monday morning. I am in the very odd circumstance of having several vacation days to burn and no plans, so I decided to take one on Monday. We landed about 9:30. On the way home I stopped by the Aveda store to get some hair products. They were out of everything I needed, so I got a Starbucks to comfort myself and was home by 10:30. I intended to gets lots of stuff down around the house, but also thought that since it was a vacation day, I should do some stuff I LIKE. So, here was my day:
Stuff I needed to do:
Unpack
Laundry
Grocery Store
Made dinner (I know - SHOCKING!!!)
Stuff I wanted to do:
Watch Grey's Anatomy (Joe doesn't like that show so I try to watch it when he's not here)
Finished organizing and captioning my vacation pictures
Watched Oprah (Ellen was on - OMG - she is SOOOOO funny!)
I thought it was a fairly nice balance and, gee, I think I could be a housewife!!! Then the mail was delivered and in our mailbox was the credit card bill for our recent vacation. Sigh. Guess what I did today? I went back to work!!
No comments:
Post a Comment