1. Working. It goes without saying that I have been working and I feel like I've been doing way too much of that. But, that's all I'll say about that right now.
2. Remember my big cross-stitch project? Well, I finished that. I know that a shout to the heavens should have been sung out, but I just quietly finished it one night, washed it, and it's in the closet waiting for the completion of the last 2 to go with it.
3. I started on the new cross-stitch project and here's how far I've gotten:
4. I read a couple of books - The Book Thief and The Art of Racing in the Rain. Both are very good!! The Book Thief is actually labeled as a "youth" book, but it was a Cargo Book Club selection and I wanted to try it out. It's the story of a young girl in Germany during WWII. She is not Jewish, but there is lots of talk of Hitler and the mis-treatment of Jews and I wonder how much the youth know about this. I guess they SHOULD know, but I can see my friend's wanting to protect their children from some of that truth (Barnes & Noble says 12 and up is the age). It's a very moving story and I really enjoyed it. It's kind of long, but reads fairly quickly. The Art of Racing in the Rain is a story told from a dog's point of view. It's a really, really quick read - very good, but I found myself crying off and on throughout the entire book. Oh, yeah, and I also read Agnes and the Hitman. It was cute, completely unbelievable, but entertaining. Ha!
5. Movies. We have seen a few movies this year. We totally got into our Netflix list for a while. We had been slacking at the end of the year, so this year, we picked it up. Here are a few highlights: We watched Tropic Thunder which although pretty silly, made me laugh out loud many times. LOVED RDJ and Tom Cruise!! Martian Child was a recommendation from my best friend, Sheli, and we loved that one, too. Get Smart was horrible. I put it on the list because I thought Joe would want to see it because he's a big Steve Carell fan. What Happens in Vegas was cute, but predictable, of course. And most recently, we watched Babel. I really liked that movie. It moved kind of slowly, but I liked the story, loved the way they had 3 stories going at once, but brought them all together in the end.
Sure doesn't seem like much, especially since the only trip we've taken was our weekender to Atlanta. We're getting ready to go to Florida in a couple of days. I'm not sure if things will pick up or slow down when we get back, but here is to the next 3 months of 2009!
No comments:
Post a Comment