Surfer Girl

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Wine Country

So...just a quick post on my first foray into wine country as a California resident...  About 6 weeks before I joined Virgin America, they went public.  As a "thank you" some of the bankers rented a van and took the Finance Directors to wine country.  They had 2 pick-ups for us - one at HQ and one in the city for the people that live there and then we headed north.

We first stopped at Lynmar Winery in Sebastopol.  Their vineyard was really beautiful and I liked their Pinot Noir - a lot!!!  I didn't buy, but I would have if anyone else had.  Haha!!!  Our second stop was Iron Horse, where they make sparkling wine.  Their tasting room was perched on a hill with a beautiful view over the vineyards and I enjoyed our tasting - even though it was really, REALLY warm while we were there.  Lunch was next, and then we stopped at MacPhail in Santa Rosa.  Their tasting room is in town - not at their vineyard.  MacPhail was my least favorite - or maybe I was just full of wine and food by then.

Overall, it was really a fun day!  I enjoyed getting to know my colleagues a little better and had a really fun day in wine country.

Lynmar Tasting Room
Part of Lynmar's Vineyards
Iron Horse
MacPhail

No comments: