Surfer Girl

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Happy 76th Birthday, Mom!!!

A couple of weeks ago, I called my brother to ask him if they wanted to meet in Ardmore for my mom's birthday, but he told me they were coming down for Mom's birthday.  Her birthday was on a Friday, but both Joe and I managed to leave work a little early and meet Mom, Dad, Steve, & Rebel for dinner.  Mom picked a new restaurant in Southlake called Daddy Jack's Chowder House.  Just for the record, Joe and I are probably the 2 easiest people in the world to please.  The restaurant is really new and I will admit that the service was not great (our meals all came out at different times), but they discounted the meals that came out late and gave us a free dessert.  Mom and I had the stuffed tilapia and to be honest, I thought it was very good!  But, Steve, Dad, and Rebel all ordered the same thing and they didn't like it.  Once Rebel started complaining, then Dad chimed in and by the time it was over, I know my mom felt really bad for picking a restaurant that didn't make everyone happy.  I really, really felt bad for her!!!!

After dinner, we went to my parents house and had the cake.  It was dry, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Almost everyone ate their entire piece.  I was even cheered for my effort. 


Happy Birthday, Mom!!!

No comments: