Surfer Girl
Friday, August 12, 2011
Priorities
I mentioned in my last two posts that I wasn't sure why I was so far behind, but in reality, I do know. It's because I'm constantly juggling my personal priorities. I have a multitude of interests and always find myself incredibly busy. For example, one of my favorite things is researching future trips. I get ideas and surf around the web. I buy guidebooks and read up. I refer back to all my old notes related to travel. You get the idea - and of course, if you know anything about me, you know how obsessed I am with seeing the world, so I'm sure all that comes as no surprise. I also like to read non-travel related books. I just finished a book that was chosen by a book club I have participated in off and on for the past few years. The name of the book was Cutting for Stone and it was really, really good. Also on my to-do list is organizing, captioning, and posting pictures - mostly from our trips. Another thing you already know is how much we love watching movies. And somewhere on that list is also trying to keep up with my blog. So, as you can see, juggling my personal priorities is a challenge. One of these days I'll be able to retire and then I won't have this problem. Of course, my father claims that retirement means you get everything done in the first 6 months and then are bored for the remainder of your days. Hopefully, that won't be true and in the mean time, I won't wish my life away. I'll just continue to juggle those priorities and when blogging makes it to the top, I'll give you an update.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment