But, on Sunday the 22nd, we did leave the house. We went to the Hilton Anatole Hotel down in Dallas to see Joe's cousin, Christi. She and her family were in Big D for a Merle Norman convention and brought the kids. It was, as always, fun to visit with her and we even had dinner at the hotel.
The next weekend was a quite awesome weekend for me. My friend, Crafty Michele, invited me to a scrapbook WEEKEND in Canton, TX. Michele's friend, Cassandra, invited us to go with some of her neighbors to a B & B that specializes in hosting craft groups. One of the best things is that you stake out your spot in the craft room, spread out, and never have to clean up until you're ready to leave!! We left work a little early on Friday and arrived in Canton by 5:00ish - early enough to get set up and get started before dinner. The B & B serves dinner on Friday night; breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday; and breakfast on Sunday. It was really a lot of fun and pretty productive for me, although I must admit that even after a shopping and wine tasting break on Saturday afternoon, I was pretty done by Saturday evening.
My strategy for the weekend was to work on 2007. I needed to finish 2007 by the end of the year to maintain my "three-years behind" schedule and I had barely started. In fact, all I had done were some random layouts of our trip to Africa. So, I started from the beginning and began picking my way through the year. I skipped one layout (of Dublin Dr. Pepper) because I couldn't find my idea, but I managed to get everything else done, leading up to the Africa trip and I got a few more Africa layouts done, too. Here are my two favorites of the weekend:
This is the mission in Solvang, California that we visited during a weekend trip to see the Zadra's:
Cape Buffalo from our African Safari:
Unfortunately, other than finishing up some layouts I worked on there (such as adding computer journaling), I haven't touched my scrapbook. My friend, Inka, usually keeps me on track by "dragging" me out once a month or so, but she had a huge project at work in 2010, so no time for scrapbooking. Without her encouragement, I fell way, way, WAY behind. In fact, I'm not even 1/3 of the way done with 2007 and here it is 2011!!! I can't even seem to motivate myself to complete the layout I skipped, which really should be fairly quick! Sigh...
The last thing for this post is a pretty funny story. Joe and I decided to refinance our house (which also means I'm officially a co-owner of the house now). We had to have an appraiser come over, so I met him there during my lunch hour one day. As I opened the front door to let the guy in, a lizard dropped from the top of the door frame and sprinted into our house!!! I heard him land - SPLAT - and then I saw him whiz by. The appraiser tried to catch him in the bathroom, but he got away. I was less than excited about the idea of having a lizard in the house. Every day that week when I got home from work, I would look around - especially in the bathroom where he was last seen - and try to locate him, but I never saw him again. That is, until...
Joe and I were preparing to travel on Labor Day weekend. I had gotten home early, looked for lizard and not found him. So, I sat on the couch and was reading a book. When Joe came home, I was still sitting on the couch and talking to him and all of the sudden he says to me, "Don't move...." I immediately knew what that meant - the little bastard was on the couch with me!!!! Joe managed to catch him - lose him - and catch him again. He actually released him in to the yard to eat up the bugs and we haven't seen him since. In case you're wondering - he was probably about 3 or 4 inches long with his tail. He wasn't huge, but he wasn't tiny. I hope he didn't sleep with me...
No comments:
Post a Comment