I was thinking I may have mentioned this before, but I couldn't find the post. Anyway...it irritates the crap out of me that people think I have no life just because I don't have kids. Of course, I do realize that this could partially be attributed to my over-sensitivity to not having kids.
But then I reflect back over my weekend and I wonder if all those people have a point:
Friday Night
5:00 - Leave work (yeah!!!! on TIME!)
6:30 - Talk to Joe while he's getting ready to go to the Relay for Life event (I was going to go, but they moved it inside a gymnasium due to weather and I lost interest)
6:45 - Heat up take out food Joe brought me last night
8:00 - Fall asleep on the couch (to my credit, I haven't been sleeping well)
10:30 - Joe comes home and tries to wake me up, but I still can't keep my eyes open
11:00 - Go to bed
11:01 - Stare at the ceiling - wide awake
11:30 - Still staring at the ceiling - wide awake
12:00 - Still staring at the ceiling - wide awake
12:29 - ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
12:30 - Get out of bed and go to the living room to watch a rerun of Reba on Lifetime (there's seriously not much on TV in the middle of the night)
1:00 - Watch movie with Joanna Kerns about an abused woman fighting for custody of her kids
3:00 - Go back to bed. Sigh
Saturday
9:00 - Awake again
9:30 - Breakfast - cereal and banana
10:00 - Watch 4 episodes of Frasier, Season 6 while avoiding taking a shower
12:00 - Phone call from parents - they are coming by
12:10 - Take a shower
1:30 - Lunch with parents
3:00 - Spend all afternoon catching up on TV that was TiVO'd from last week and laying on the couch
6:00 - Go to the deli up the street for soup
7:00 - Watch the rest of Frasier episodes
8:00 - Watch Slumdog Millionaire (VERY good, but very sad)
11:00 - Bed
Sunday
9:00 - Awake
9:30 - Breakfast of cereal and banana
11:30 - Realize I have no idea what I did the last 2 hours
11:35 - Go on a 6-mile walk
2:30 - After a shower, we go to lunch at Cheesecake Factory and go to see State of Play because we refuse to believe we are a) old or b) have no life
And then after The Amazing Race the weekend is over. Sigh.
1 comment:
Well, you did highlight one particularly non-lifeish weekend but you failed to mention all the fabulous trips you've taken this year alone, and the stellar weekend you spent with your bff two weeks ago or so! :)
...and your weekend was MUCH better than mine, which seemed to revolve around Surf laundry detergent.
Post a Comment