Everyone says that Christmas is for the kids, so if that's true, maybe Joe and I should start skipping Christmas. My niece and nephews are all grown, so Christmas for the Knight family isn't the same anymore. In fact, we aren't even getting together to celebrate until Saturday - 2 days after Christmas is over. Joe's nieces and nephews are 1,000 miles away in the frozen tundra that is central Illinois right now, and with only one day off (for Joe anyway), it's not feasible to make that trek - or risk getting stuck. Joe and I - long ago - made a pact not to buy Christmas presents for each other. Our gift is that of travel - a gift that we give each other all year around. (I enjoy it each time we take a fabulous vacation, and then curse it when I have no gift to open on Christmas.)
I believe that in reality, Santa Claus is for kids. Big presents and bows and trees and lights. As an adult, I admittedly enjoy that too, but it's not the same as the wide-eyed expression on a child's face. But Christmas is for everyone because Christmas is about hope, joy, and the birth of Jesus. Christmas is about generosity and love. Christmas is about sharing and family. And all of those things are for the adults, too.
Merry Christmas!!
1 comment:
Christmas is about appreciating your friends, too, and I want you to know that I appreciate and value you!
Merry Christmas
Post a Comment