So...I have a lot of catching up to do. Here is the recap:
July:
- Our trip to TAHITI!!!!
August:
- A weekend in Chicago
- A weekend in Austin, TX
September:
- Our trip to Glacier National Park
- Joe's mom and my mom both have surgery within a couple of days of each other
October:
- Joe and I participate in the Komen Race for the Cure
- We go to the State Fair of Texas to re-live my childhood
- We travel to visit the Zadra's on Halloween and spend the next day at Disneyland
Probably most significantly, our country elected a new President on November 4th. Barack Obama will not only be our new President in January, he is the first African-American president elected in the United States. It was a great historical event for many reasons and one that we watched closely - closer than any election before, but not because of the historical significance of electing a black man (or a woman VP, if the vote would have gone Republican) - more because our country seems to be in big trouble. Our economy is in trouble, we are still at war in a country that didn't have much to do with 9/11 (the reason we were given for going to war), and we are still under threat of terrorist activity. I know things won't change overnight, but we have hope again. It was time for change and "change" was the focus point of Obama's campaign.
So, I'll be spending some time trying to catch up - and then keep up. Thanks for the inspiration, Michelle. This isn't the first time and it probably won't be the last. :-)
1 comment:
Check it out...you're blogging, and I'm COMMENTING on your blog
!! Actually, I have nothing clever to say at the moment, I just wanted to COMMENT! haha!
Post a Comment