Surfer Girl

Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

Again, because by this time next year I will forget, I am posting what we did for Father's Day. This year we TRIED to go visit Joe's dad. Unfortunately, the visit was not overly successful due to the flights. Bad weather in Chicago caused the cancellation of a few flights on Friday. We lucked out on United again - although I guess it wasn't really THAT lucky, they were pretty open (there have been several times that we have made a UA flight either going or coming from Chicago - we consider them our little non-rev secret!!!). We made it up there, and although it was midnight before we got to their house, we were there! BUT...Sunday morning we awoke to more thunderstorms in Chicago and had to miss all the Father's Day festivities. We ended up having to leave Campus at 11:30 to make a connection through Wichita, Kansas!! Crazy.

Better luck to us next time!!

No comments: